We need you to make this a great event
While there is a business side of running a conference, this is a community conference first and foremost. We want your involvement, we want your feedback, we want your validation, we want your help! We do not, and will not work in a bubble. For us, one of the best part of community conferences are all the other activities that happen around the conference itself. For us (and I think a few others too) the conference has already started. We're building stuff now, getting together, planning, and like good developers, adding scope creep.
So how do you get involved? Let us break down just a few of the major ways:
- As simple as it may sound, one of the best ways to provide feedback or just chat with us is via good ole email. You can reach the board members at Hello@ThatConference.com and we are pretty good at responding within a day or so. Got an idea, want to make a comment, or better yet compliment us; hit us on email.
- We have a public Slack channel, and at any given time you can find a healthy mix of community members and organize rs out there to answer your questions. Be part of the conversation. Help us build the community you want to see.
- Of course we’re on Twitter. Follow us, retweet, reach out, we try to watch the stream pretty closely, but after all it's twitter and it gets away from you at times.
- Like us!!! We have a Facebook Fan Page at http://www.Facebook.com/ThatConference.
- Not to be understated our sponsors are very important to our overall success. You can find more about our sponsorship and our thoughts around it here: Sponsorship.
Lastly, help spread the word - Look we only know who we know. This is a community conference for the entire community. Are PHP/Ruby/Java/.NET/SQL developers welcome? HELL YEAH! And everyone else, too! We welcome presentations and people in all languages and platforms, in all tech communities.
This is our war cry. Do not hesitate in getting involved. Regardless of the contribution, they're all IMPORTANT. Please don’t assume, we all have day jobs too.